Hello everyone! My name is Ms. Diaz. I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a B.A in Biological Sciences and a double minor in Chemistry and Secondary Education. This school year I am teaching Physics and Forensic Science.
1 Physics 08:45-09:30
2 Forensics 09:34-10:19
3 Physics 10:23-11:08
4 Physics 11:12-11:57
5 Forensics 12:38-01:23
6 Conference 01:27-02:12
7 Physics 02:16-03:01
8 Conference 03:05-03:50
1. Everyone deserves respect. Respect each other and the teacher. Respect yours and each other’s space and the materials of your peers.
2. Be prepared for class. When the bell rings, be in your assigned seat ready to work.
3. Follow all directions as they are given. You should raise your hand to be recognized, do not talk during lecture, behave appropriately at all times, and absolutely no swearing, rude gestures, or teasing. Ask for permission to leave your desk or lab group and remain in your seats until I dismiss you, not the bell.
4. Follow all safety rules. You must read and have a safety contract signed by both you and your parents. No food or drinks allowed in the classroom. This is a lab and you can never be sure what chemicals have been spilled on your tables.
5. Clean up after yourselves. Once you have completed an experiment/activity, please clean up and place all equipment in their proper places.
6. No electronic devices. All electronic devices should be turned off, or on silent, and out of sight during class time. If I see any after the tardy bell has rung, they will be confiscated immediately.
Grading Policy and Assignments
Quizzes and Tests
Nine Weeks Test
Assignments: If a student honestly attempts to complete and turn in all assigned work, he/she will not fail this class. If work is not completed in class, it is the student’s responsibility to take it for homework and turn it in the following day or come in to tutoring. Quizzes and tests will be given periodically with an advanced notice so students have enough time to study.
Make-up Work: If a student is absent, he/she will have 2 school days to collect and turn in the assignment. It is the student’s responsibility to get any/all assignments missed. Excused absences only.
Late Work: If work is not turned in on time, students will have 2 school days only to turn the work in late. The highest grade they can receive is a 70.
Re-doing Assignments: Student may re-do any assignment he/she failed by the given deadlines. The assignment must be done at TUTORING. No exceptions! The maximum grade for a re-do is an 80.
Academic Dishonesty: Cheating will not be tolerated on any assignments and will result in a zero on all assignments involved.
Tuesday through Thursday from 3:50 - 4:45 pm or by appointment.