Welcome to Ms. Montoya's website
Welcome to my page! My name is Martha Montoya. I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a double major in English Literature & Composition and a minor in Philosophy. I am certified in ELA (English Language Arts and Reading is part of ELA), English as a Second Language, and Special Education. Additional certifications: AP English and Composition and AVID.
will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full
potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal
1. Come prepared to class at all times. No exceptions.
2. Respect others and teachers: Absolutely NO cussing, swearing, making fun of
others, hitting, or touching others inappropriately. NO bullying or
any type of weapons tolerated.
Follow school dress code conduct- no clothing indicating gang(s), no
low cut blouses,
no showing of any type of undergarment. Refer to the
district school code of conduct
4. No wasting time as no work is accepted late unless it is an
excused absence and/or
upon teacher discretion. Late work is subject to
deduction of points.
5. No electronic devices- Parents need to call the office if it is an emergency.
6. Return all borrowed material without damage.
7. No bad attitude, negative comments or gossip.
8. Students sign out/ in if they need to leave the room.
9. Speak English at all times.
Monday- Friday/ 12:40 - 1:15 p.m.
homework is due at the beginning of the class period. No late work is
accepted unless the student is absent with an "excused" reason. Late
work is also subject to teacher discretion with a reduction in grade.
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential..... these are the keys that will unlock
the door to personal excellence -Confucius